Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Cats Ate My Shamrocks

Guinness Beef Stew, brown soda bread, Irish music, good friends, and a bowl of blooming shamrocks. All the makings of a wonderful St. Patrick's Day holiday. I figured that when the stew was eaten, the friends gone home, and the music hushed, I'd have the shamrocks for a remembrance.
I figured wrong.
Bite marks appeared on those shiny Irish leaves. Stripped stems and chewed up flowers soon followed.
From left to right, the felons are Milo, Jojo, and Neko. Good thing they're cute!


7 comments:

  1. Looks great, I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But they don't look like felons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, they are so adorable. One day I hope to post a photo somewhere of Jack the Cat. Members of Celtic Hearts were gracious enough to listen to my tale of trauma about finding Jack at the fromt door with a double compound fracture of his rear leg. I am happy to say he is fully recovered, with cattitude intact and only a slight limp. Take care of your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Miriam. I remember your story about Jack. I'm glad he's better and feeling his royal self. These guys do get under our skin, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your cats! I used to have Oriental Shorthairs and Siamese and miss them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my feline felons, Beth and Miriam. They are Tonkinese boys, all brothers, and very friendly.

    ReplyDelete